After you have read this page, please use the CONTACT tab along the top menu bar (or among the links at left) to get in touch with us and start the conversation. We are always looking for leaders who seek opportunities for service.
Membership Requirements for Our E-Club
Having established or agreed to, as applies to the following, these qualifications, and having then completed the process of application to and approval by the Club:
1) You live or do business in the geographical area encompassing the 818 telephone area code (or close).
2) You are an adult person of good character and good business, professional and/or community reputation,
(a) engaged as a proprietor, partner, corporate officer, or manager of any worthy and recognized business or profession; or
(b) holding any important position in any worthy and recognized business or profession or any branch or agency thereof and have executive capacity with discretionary authority; or
(c) having retired from any position listed above; or
(d) being a community leader who has demonstrated through personal involvement in community affairs a commitment to service and the Object of Rotary; or
(e) having the status of Rotary Foundation alumnus.
4) You are willing to participate regularly in the Rotary E-Club of the Greater San Fernando Valley community and, as appropriate and feasible, you are willing to accept tasks and responsibilities.
5) You accept that all club programs, forums, business, and communications are conducted in English.
6) You are prepared to pay current dues of US$100/quarter to support the operating costs of Rotary International, Rotary District 5280, and the Rotary E-Club of the Greater San Fernando Valley. (New members pay a one-time initiation fee of US $50. Charter Members do not…and there is still time for you to become a Charter Member!)
7) You accept that, for the purpose of Rotary administration, you will be considered a member in good standing of District 5280, California USA, although residing in an adjacent Rotary administrative District.
8.) You have regular access to the Internet and are willing to acquire the necessary skills to participate in the activities of the Rotary E-Club of the Greater San Fernando Valley.
If you live in the Greater San Fernando Valley, Burbank, Glendale, or areas adjacent, you must participate in two consecutive online weekly meetings and attend one of the two monthly “physical” gatherings within two weeks of either of those online meetings.
Previous Connection to Rotary
You must be proposed for membership in the Rotary E-Club of the Greater San Fernando Valley by a current member of the E-Club or be a Rotary Alumnus/Alumna who has not been a Rotarian; OR
If you are a Rotarian or Rotaractor wishing to transfer to our E-Club, you must provide the Secretary of the E-Club with written confirmation from your current Club’s Secretary that you are a member of that Club in good standing with no financial obligations owing, and you should also provide a written endorsement/recommendation from the Secretary of any other current Officer of that Club.
If you are a former Rotarian wishing to rejoin Rotary with our E-Club, you must provide the Secretary of the E-Club with written confirmation from your most recent former Club’s Secretary that at the time of your resignation from that Club you were a member of that Club in good standing with no financial obligations owing, and you should also provide a written endorsement/recommendation from the Secretary of any other current Officer of that Club. If that Club no longer exists, please provide a written endorsement/recommendation from a current Rotarian who was a Member of your former Club contemporaneously with you.
If you have no previous connection with Rotary and have found us online and live in or very near the San Fernando Valley, Burbank, or Glendale, send us an e-mail via our Contact form and allow us to invite you to one of our monthly “physical” meetings and give us a chance to get to know each other.
If you have no previous connection with Rotary and have found us online but do not live nearby our primary geographical area, we urge you to look into joining your local Rotary Club, and we’re happy to help you find the nearest one(s). If you decide that Rotary is for you, but after giving your local Club a chance you find that the meeting date and time in your area is inconvenient, please come back to us and have that Club get in touch with us as well.